You spend your day doing unnecessary activities.
Then, you wish you could have that time back.
We are all guilty of this at some point.
Where are you going to waste time today?
Where Is Your Time Wasted?
We all have the same amount of time in the day.
It all comes down to how your chose to spend yours.
Avoiding time-wasting activities can make all the difference.
What frivolous and silly ways do you waste time during your day?
Here are 29 Ways You’re Wasting Time Today:
- Complaining. No one gets what they want by whining. Instead, try asking.
- Commuting during rush hour. Time-shift your drive for less traffic.
- Gossiping. It never gets the work done.
- Doing other people’s work. Do your work first.
- Watching TV. No one ever accomplished their goals by sitting on the couch.
- Hanging out with negative people. Be careful, attitude is contagious.
- Procrastinating. Action now always beats inaction.
- Indecision. Make decisions or life will make them for you.
- Reading the news. Go on a media diet.
- Antagonizing others. If you don’t have something nice to say…
- Playing video games. Angry Birds doesn’t get work done. Neither does Words with Friends.
- Eating junk food. Do something active and get your body in motion.
- Making empty promises. Stop saying what you’re not going to do.
- Waiting for something to happen. Go out and make it happen.
- Attending unnecessary meetings. Practice the “Right to Decline” unneeded meetings.
- Reading Email. Only check it 3 times a day. Morning, noon, end of day.
- Answering the phone. Remember, your phone is there for your convenience.
- Playing Email Ping-Pong. Avoid the back-and-forth, go talk to someone.
- Not putting things away. You’ll have to look for them later.
- Surfing the web endlessly. One thing leads to another…
- Constantly updating your social media status. No one needs to know what you are eating for lunch.
- Not capturing ideas. Where did you write down that million dollar idea?
- Fighting with others. Agree to disagree, but skip the fight.
- Reading the tabloids. Do you need to know which celeb got arrested this week?
- Looking for things you misplaced. Make sure you have a place for your stuff.
- Letting email notifications interrupt your day. Turn off those pop-ups!
- Piling instead of filing. Piles are not organization.
- Not looking at your todo list. You wrote that task down, but you didn’t look at your list.
- Solving the same problems, again. Make sure you document solutions so you have them down the road.
What Shouldn’t You Do Today?
Sometimes it’s not what you do, but what you stop doing.
Protect your day from these time-wasters.
You just might have a little more time in your day.
Question: Where do you catch yourself wasting time?