Routines are powerful.
Routines let you plan your day for productivity. They provide familiarity and habit to help you get things done with consistency and less effort.
Yet, the same routines that you ride everyday may also be limiting your current potential.
Could changing your routine be the “jolt” you need to improve your results?
Same Routine, Same Results
It is important to have a productivity routine.
However, sometimes you need a tune-up, or perhaps a change-up, in order to drive better results.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get the same results you’ve always gotten.
“Change your daily routine to change your results.”
Your routine may be fine if you are satisfied with where you are. However, if you are trying to reach that next level, or get promoted, or accomplish that big goal… you may need to change your routine in order to get better results.
Here are 5 Ways to Change-up Your Routine to Get Better Results:
- Get Up Earlier – The early bird really does get the worm. You can get up early. Think of all the things you could get done while others are sleeping.
- Change Your Bedtime – Are you getting enough sleep? And why are you staying up so late? If it is to watch Netflix or endless surf “fake news,” it’s not worth your time. You need rest in order to perform at your peak.
- Change the time you do things – Having trouble getting that work done? Change the time you do it. If you can’t get your writing done in the afternoon, then try it in the AM. If you workout isn’t getting done, move it to a better spot in your day. You do have time to workout.
- Time Shift your commute – Too much of our lives is spent going places. (Usually to work). If you could shave even 30 minutes off your “travel” time per day you could recoup over two weeks of workdays per year. (Two weeks!!!) Changing your commute up or back by a few minutes can pay huge dividends.
- Do less – You do so many things by habit and instinct, that often you don’t stop and ask if you really need to be doing them in the first place. Stop and questions everything in your weekly schedule. Try cutting back on the unnecessary, and spend more time on the few important things in your life.
Change Your Routine
If you are a creature of habit, you may need to change your routine from time-to-time. Consistency is good but it also leads to complacency.
From time to time, take a look at how changing your routine could lift you to new levels.Question: How could you change-up your daily routine to drive better results? You can leave a comment by clicking here.