You may have told yourself that you don’t have time to workout today.
It may be a hectic one, or perhaps, it is way too over-scheduled.
However, I have news for you…
You do have time to work out.
It’s up to you, because it is always a choice.
Not Enough Time or Not Enough Will?
“I want to get into shape, but I don’t have time to workout.”
This is one of the top time management lies that we tell ourselves.
The truth is that you do have time.
What you are really saying is 1 of 2 things:
1- You don’t have the willpower to do it.
2- You are putting something else before your exercise.
“You can tell yourself that you don’t have time to workout…
But, what you are really saying is that something else is more important than your health.“
What are you telling yourself?
Finding the Time to Workout
Even in our busy society, you can find time to exercise.
You may have to get creative or sacrifice something else.
But, you can fit that workout into your day.
Here are 10 Reasons Why You DO Have Time To Workout:
- You May Have to Get Up Early – Many people tell themselves that they don’t have time in their day, yet they have the same amount of time as everyone else. You may have to use that time differently. It may require you to get up early to fit in your workout. You can be an early bird.
- First Thing in the Morning – The best time to workout is first thing in the morning. It gets your day moving. (Literally!) When you do your most important things first, it empowers you all day long. You will feel great starting your workday knowing that you have already done your workout.
- It Doesn’t Have to Be a Long Workout – Some use the excuse that working out takes too long. However, consistency is more important that duration when you are starting out. Short intense workouts are better than long effortless ones. Make sure you aren’t just going through the motions or you will just be wasting your time.
- Have a Workout Partner – Working out with a friend or workout buddy can be a great motivation factor. You are more likely to make it to the gym if you know that someone else is there waiting for you. You won’t just be letting yourself down, but your partner, as well.
- Time Shift Your Workout – If you want to save time hitting the gym, then don’t go during peak times. Just like avoiding rush hour, if you time shift your workout, you can save considerable time.
- Go the Extreme – There is not one right time to go to the gym. You may have to go the extreme depending on your schedule or obligations. When I was on shift-work, I used to workout at 3AM at a 24-hour gym. Do what you need to do depending on your circumstances.
- Don’t Overdo It – Many people simply try to overdo it with their workouts. Limit your early efforts or your will burn out or injure yourself. Start small and build to greater achievements.
- Working Out Increases Your Productivity – Often, I hear the people use the excuse that if they workout, then they will be too tired for their day. Well, you may be hurting for a time, especially if you have not been exercising for a while. However, you will pass the point that your workouts actually energize and improve everything else in your day.
- You Don’t Have to Go to the Gym – There is definitely some value, motivation, and benefit to actually going to a gym. However, if your time or resources are limited, why not workout at home? Or simply go outside for a run or walk? Sometimes the simplest answer is best (and quickest.)
- Just Do It, Even When You Don’t Want To – The most important way to ensure you have time to workout, is to do it even when you don’t want to. Those are the days that you need to prove your willpower. You are stronger than you think. Push yourself, especially when you don’t feel like it.
Make the Effort
You do have the time to workout.
Like everything else, you have to decide that it is a priority.
The rewards are tremendous.
Better health. Increased productivity. More self-confidence.
You have to ask, “How badly do you want it?”
Question: How do make time to workout during your busy day?