I worked with an individual whose time management was destroying him.
His work reputation was that of a slacker who didn’t get anything done. People did not want to work with him. They were afraid to rely on him for tasks, and important projects were given to others.
In fact, he was on the verge of losing his job.
His relationships were not strong. Others stopped inviting him to events, because he often failed to show up.
His health was suffering because he never had time to exercise or get to the gym.
This individual’s disorganization was destroying him on all fronts… work, personal, and health.
What about you? Is your productivity putting you at risk?
Is Your Productivity Putting You at Risk?
We don’t usually think about lack of time management as dangerous.
Yet, the impacts of poor time management can be devastating.
It can destroy careers, relationships, and more.
“Poor time management can put you at risk in many areas of your life.” (Tweet this quote)
What is your lack of time management putting at risk?
- Your Reputation – Your time management reputation proceeds you. Don’t underestimate the impression that your productivity says about you.
- Your Health – Exercise is often one of the first things to be “put off” when you are overwhelmed. Is your lack of organization preventing your from staying in shape? Do you miss doctor’s appointments because you are “too busy” to schedule or attend them? This will catch up with you if you don’t take care of it.
- Your Job – Does your boss give important tasks to others because you are not reliable? Do co-workers avoid working with you because they think you will impede their progress? (See #1)
- Your Relationships – Do friends stop including you in plans because you will be late or not show at all? Are you a reliable friend or always too busy to spend time or help a friend in need?
- Your Money – Poor time management affects your money, as well. Late fees, poor credit scores, and more penalties, await those who do not take care of their finances in a timely manner.
- Your Workload – The more you put things off, the more work you will have to do later. Your non-productiveness is multiplying your workload. If you are having trouble keeping up now, the last thing you need is even more work.
- Your Personal Life – If you complain of “not having a personal life,” it may be due to your own actions. Do you keep strong boundaries between work and life? Or do you let your job dominate every moment of your life?
Take Care of Your Time Management
Don’t let your time management (or lack thereof) put you at risk.
If you are not getting things done, then you are probably overwhelmed in many areas of your life. Some planning and organization can save you much stress and strife.
Take care of your time management, so that it can take care of you.
Question: How is your productivity putting you at risk?