When asked about personal organization and cleanliness, most people start talking about their home, their office, or maybe their desk.
However, there is another area of organization that most people don’t like to talk about.
Today, I want to talk about your car.
Is Your Car Clean?
If you want to get an idea of someone’s overall organization, I recommend you start with their car. They use it every day, so you would think that they would keep it clean and well maintained.
“The cleanliness of your car is a good thumb-rule for your overall organization.” (Tweet Quote)
Is your vehicle clean right now?
Respect Your Car’s Cleanliness
Your car is your home away from home. Depending on your commute, you may spend several hours a day in it. So, why is it so hard to keep it clean and free of clutter?
“You wouldn’t throw trash on the floor of your home, so why does it happen in your car?”
As well, perhaps you are carrying around all kinds of clutter in your car. Can you imagine the danger (and mess) if you were in even a minor accident? Much of that stuff would be flying all over the place.
Here are some tips to help you keep your car organized and free of clutter:
- Your Car is Not for Storage – Your car is not your closet. Or your filing cabinet. Or your garage. So, stop storing things there that should be put away at home.
- Have a Place for Stuff – For the things you do need in your car, have a place for them. Keep them out-of-the-way and safely secured. You don’t want them rolling around or being a safety hazard. Also, have a trash bin to prevent you from being tempted to discard trash in the backseat or on the floor.
- Clean It on a Schedule – Cleaning your car should be as regular as all of your other chores. Add it to your list of weekly cleaning tasks to perform.
- Empty the Trash – Trash, clutter, receipts, and loose papers seem to be the big pitfall for many in keeping their cars clean. One of the best tips I have ever come across is to empty your rubbish when you are filling your car with gas. You are standing their waiting for the gas to fill anyway, and there are always trash cans within an arm’s reach. Use those few opportune moments to empty some trash and clutter.
- Get the Junk Out of the Trunk – Is you trunk a black hole of storage that seems to have no bottom? How many items can you find that have been in your vehicle (that shouldn’t be) for over a year? Or two? Get that stuff out of the trunk!
- Wash the Outside – Don’t forget the outside of your vehicle. Having it washed regularly will help keep it well maintained and avoid cosmetic damage to your vehicle over time.
Keep Your Car Organized
What does you car’s cleanliness say about your personal organization?
Clean out your car today.
Not only will you have less clutter and mess, but you’ll have a more enjoyable ride.Question: How clean is your car, right now? You can leave a comment by clicking here.