Last year on this day, I wrote about the one year anniversary of TMN.
(See: What Could You Do In a Year?)
I thought I would do it again this year and give you a 2 year update.
So, let me ask, what could you do in two years?
Where Were You Two Years Ago?
Looking back at where things started, I am amazed how far TMN has come. (See my first post: Too Many Tools in Your Toolbox)
However, a steady effort and many early mornings have taken TMN farther than I could have initially imagined.
Last year, I was amazed at the amount of traffic that happened when Chris Brogan did a guest post. Now, I exceed that traffic almost every day.
TMN’s Google rankings have improved dramatically. I rank near the top of several topics on Google. And to be honest, I am not much of an SEO buff. Until recently, I didn’t do any search optimization.
Looking back, here are some of the things I have accomplished in the last year:
- Attended BlogWorld – I met many of the top bloggers from Darren Rowse to Leo Babauta. Leo probably didn’t know it, but a private 15 minute chat we had changed my blogging outlook dramatically.
- Networked – Over the past year, I have networked with many people in the industry. I have made lots of great connections and friendships with other bloggers and time management writers.
- Grown Audience – TMN’s fan base continues to grow, now with over 24,000 fans. Traffic has continued to go up, up, up.
- Grown Community – There is definitely a TMN group of friends. I know many of those who read TMN and have connected with them even though we live in different parts of the globe.
This post is not meant to be a brag sheet. But, rather to gain some perspective.
No matter what your goals are… what could you have accomplished if you started two years ago?
What Could You Accomplish in Two Years?
What have you not started? And why haven’t you started it?
If you don’t start, do you know where you will be in two years?
The same place you are today.
Whether it is getting your degree, starting a hobby, or getting a new job, you have to start. Otherwise, you will stay in the same place.
If you had started two years ago, you might be well on your way at this time.
And by the way, starting does not mean that things are going to happen instantly.
It still amazes me the people who think they are going to put up a blog, or open a business, or start a new career and instantly have people beating a path to their door.
Things don’t happen overnight. Yet, you must start today.
When I reflect I have much I have done, there are still many other things I have not yet accomplished:
– Released the eBook I have been working on for the better part of this year
– Opened the online training and community sites that I have been planning. In fact, one is already built.
– Written a book that I intend to publish on Amazon. It is only a draft at this stage.
These are coming very soon. Finishing is the key.
However, I have started and that is half the battle.
What Are You Waiting For?
Two years is enough time to make a dent in your dreams.
Think back to two years ago and where you were.
Are things that different today?
If not, get up and start the dream that has been on your mind.
It won’t happen overnight, but in a short time, you will find yourself well on the way to accomplishing your goals.
What could you accomplish in 2 years? What are you waiting to start?