You are constantly searching for things that you can’t find because it is covered by your other possessions. You have piles that you call organization. And tell yourself that you’re sure you know where you put everything.
Simply put, you have too much stuff.
Until you take control of your clutter you will be forever drowning in it.
Drowning In Your Possessions
If you are like most people, you are drowning in your possessions.
Mail piles up. Stuff from the store covers tables and fills your car. Things not put away cover stairs and other inopportune places.
‘Unchecked, clutter will cover your entire life.’
Chances are you have at least one area of your home that is just piled up with stuff. It could be an extra room, your desk, or laundry in the bedroom.
Why is it so hard to stay on top of the material items in our lives?
The simple reason for many is that they have too much clutter coming into their lives, and not enough going out.
Here are 7 Reasons Why You Are Drowning in Clutter:
- You Don’t Put Things Away – This one seems obvious, but the main reason you are drowning in your possessions is that you don’t put them away. Before you set that item down, ask yourself where it truly belongs.
- Your Stuff Doesn’t have a Home – It’s difficult to put things away if they don’t have a place to go. Designate a “home” for your items. It can be as simply as a drawers that all items of a specific type go in. Or you can get storage solutions suited to specific needs. The point is to have a specific place to put your items.
- You Procrastinate Cleaning – A small mess now, means a bigger mess later. When you don’t put things away, inevitably the piles grow larger and larger. Instead of a 5 minute cleanup job, it is now a 5 hour “clean out the garage” project.
- You Buy Things You Don’t Need – You are responsible for the majority of clutter that enters your home. What are you bringing in? And more importantly, are you buying things that you don’t need? Be decisive before buying new items that may not suit your needs long-term.
- You Use Tables and Other Surfaces for Storage – Tables are not for storage. Nor the kitchen countertop. Nor the famous exercise machine that has become a clothes hanger. Resist using everyday surfaces for storage, as they inevitably become piles of disorganization.
- You Don’t Organize Your Storage areas – Closets are for storage. So are cabinets, drawers, and bookcases. Are you using them for what they were intended? Or have your storage solutions simply become “piles,” too? Keep storage areas organized and clean.
- Clutter In, but No Clutter Out – Like a boat filling with water, if you don’t pail out more water than is coming in, you will eventually sink. Look at the clutter in your life. Make sure to get rid of more stuff than you are acquiring.
Too Much Stuff In, Not Enough Out
Are you bringing in more new items that you are disposing of?
If so, your house will inevitable be overflowing with things that you no longer need or can use. You don’t have to be a minimalist or live like a monk, but you do need to take out as much as you bring into your home.
Make sure that you take out as much clutter as you let in to your life.Question: Q: How do you ensure that you are removing clutter from your life? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
2 thoughts on “7 Reasons Why You Are Drowning in Clutter”
Thanks for the interesting and valuable blog sharing here for the public to improve their lifestyle that would be recommending. I hope after the stuff companies that write essays for students stuff we able to bring change in our lifestyle. Continue sharing the recommending suggestions here these are trusted.
Thanks for the interesting and valuable blog sharing here for the public to improve their lifestyle that would be recommending. I hope after the stuff cv writing company stuff we able to bring change in our lifestyle. Continue sharing the recommending suggestions here these are trusted.
Comments are closed.