Some people spend their entire lives waiting to make decisions.
They let days pass by. They miss opportunities.
And yet, they continue to wait.
They go through life hesitating to take any action.
What decision have you been putting off?
Wasting Life in Indecision
The one thing we all have is choice.
Whether you decide to do great things is up to you.
Yes, you might fail if you choose. You might even make the wrong choice.
However, by not deciding, you are letting life “pass” you by default.
Will you do great things or simply sit idly by?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt
Don’t waste your life waiting to make decisions.
Waiting to Make Decisions
Think about how much time you waste by not making choices.
Consider what is preventing you from making a choice.
You are waiting for something. But, what?
Here are 7 Things You Are “Waiting On” to Make Decisions:
- Waiting for a Sign - Are you waiting for life to give you the sign to move? Sorry, but there is not going to be a road sign to tell you when to act.
- Waiting Because You Are Scared - You may be scared to attempt things that are new or unknown. That is natural. However, it is only by leaving your comfort zone that you can accomplish great things.
- Waiting for the Perfect Time – There is no perfect time to act. There is only now. Don’t put off what you can do today. Tomorrow makes promises, but today gets it done.
- Waiting Until You Have More Time - Have you said, “I’ll get around to it when I have more time?” Yet, you are never going to have more time. We all have a limited amount, and unlike many things in life, you cannot get more.
- Waiting for Life to Settle Down – Life happens. It doesn’t care what else you are doing. Sometimes the biggest wins are done amidst the chaos of everyday life. Again, there is no perfect time. (See #3)
- Waiting for Someone to Do it For You - No one is going to care about you… as much as you do. And no one is going to simply give your dreams to you. You have to go out and do that yourself.
- Waiting for Life to Choose for You – If you wait long enough, life will make choices for you. However, these non-decisions usually result in missed opportunities, lost time, and regret.
Make Your Decision Today
Will you make the tough choices?
Or let life pass you by?
Make a decision today. Big or small. And then act on it.
Better to have chosen and tried, then to let life pass you by.
Question: What decision have you been avoiding? What will you act on today?