Like most, you probably don’t like new things that you can’t control.
You prefer to be in your comfort zone.
However, to learn new things we have to leave our comfort zones.
To grow, we have to go through periods of change and times of vulnerability.
Are you comfortable?
Or better yet, are you too comfortable?
Get Uncomfortable, Get Motivated
We are hard-wired to stay in our comfort zones and to resist change.
The problem is that when we get too comfortable, we get stagnant.
We stop learning. We don’t grow.
We don’t experience new things. We don’t get better results.
“If you do what you have always done…
You’re going to get what you’ve always gotten.”
Are you satisfied with getting the same results?
If not, it’s time to get motivated.
It’s time to get uncomfortable.
Things You Are Comfortable With
Where have you gotten comfortable?
You can name at least one area of your life where you have gotten too complacent.
You have settled with the status quo. You may not be happy, but you are not doing anything about it.
You are just sitting there. Watching time go by and your condition stay the same.
It’s like sitting in the mud. And you don’t get out because it’s just too much effort.
Really? Does that make sense?
Here are 5 Things You Are Too Comfortable With…
- Your Job – I hear so many people who, “Aren’t happy with their job.” That is OK. However, the question is, “What are you doing about it?” People quickly offer excuses, “I can’t find another job” or “It would be too much effort.” This is your life and happiness we are talking about. And that is too much effort?
- Your Physical Fitness – We have become a society that has gotten lazy with our physical fitness. We like to talk about losing weight. But, “How many times have you been to the gym this week?” When was the last time you did something physical? Get up and get out there. Even if it means taking a long walk outdoors.
- Your Finances – We get comfortable even when our finances are bad. We get comfortable living with debt. (Which is how credit card companies want it…) We get comfortable living paycheck-to-paycheck. What lifestyle changes do you need to make? Do you need to get a better or second job? Don’t sit there. Do something to change your financial standing.
- Your Relationships – Are you hanging out with people you want to? Are you staying in a relationship because it is easy? Life is too short. Make sure you spend yours with people who you love and truly care about. There are plenty of good people out there, go find them!
- Your Time Management – You run from task to task, appointment to appointment. Are you happy being stressed? Does your time management reputation proceed you? It doesn’t have to be that way. Take control of your time and life. (Need a place to start? Check out my 31 Days, 31 Ways Course.)
Let’s Get Uncomfortable
As we head into the New Year, ask yourself, “Am I too comfortable?”
Ask, “What do I want to accomplish?”
Then, make a decision to leave your comfort zone.
Don’t sit there any longer.
Don’t settle anymore.
And of course, don’t be comfortable.
What do you need to leave your comfort zone to achieve?
PS – Want to join others that are going to get uncomfortable in 2012?
Sign up to be notified about the new TMN Community. A bunch of us are going to get uncomfortable together and share our goals for the New Year. Join us here.