One of the biggest time management complaints I hear is, “I wish I had more time to do the things that I want to do.”
The irony is that we all have the same amount of time in the day. But most people don’t make the most of the time they already have.
Are you living your life to the fullest or just letting it slip by?
Ensure You Are Living Your Life to the Fullest
You say you want more time to spend with your family. Or more time to workout. Or perhaps, more time to do your hobbies.
Yet, you still spend too much time at work. Too much time doing activities that shouldn’t be on your plate in the first place.
You tell yourself, “I’ll have a life when I get around to it. Or things will settle down eventually.”
This is a fallacy.
Life doesn’t settle down. It doesn’t slow down. And there is no normal.
You wish you had more time to spend with your family. Yet, are you spending time with them?
You wish you had more time to work out? But, are you exercising?
You want to write a book? Are you writing?
And so on…
When it comes to your life, you have to live it… of you won’t have one.
Here are 10 Tips to Help Ensure You Are Living Your Life to the Fullest:
- Pay Attention – It is amazing how many people go through their day without paying attention to what they are doing. Be present. Pay attention to what you are doing and who you are with.
- Turn Off the Electronics – Don’t let your gadgets be an electronic leash for your life. You don’t need to be tethered to them 24/7. If you are spending more time with your phone than your spouse, you have a problem.
- Take Chances – If you aren’t taking chances, you aren’t going to accomplish new levels of achievement. Be bold with you time. You won’t always win, but you will surprise yourself more often than not.
- Be Action Oriented – You have to be active to be productive. Don’t let procrastination and laziness take over your life. Putting things off until tomorrow, leads to permanent procrastination.
- Be Intentional with Your Time – Be conscious with your time. Don’t waste it simply because you don’t know what you should be doing or are disorganized.
- Don’t Let Others Steal Your time – Time is your most valuable resource. You should protect it with as much vigor as you do your money. You don’t have to let others steal it. Say No, and be firm when others are trying to take your time.
- Share Your Time with Those That Matter Most – The best way to build relationships with those that matter to you is to spend time with them. Just hanging out. Talking. Doing things together. This is one of the most important ways to live your life to the fullest.
- Spend Time on Yourself – Don’t forget about yourself when it comes to your time. You have to be willing to spend time on yourself. Time to enjoy what you like to do. Have a hobby. Spend time on self-improvement. Or perhaps, just to reflect or write in your journal.
- Invest Some of Your Time – You can’t save up time, but you can invest it in activities that pay dividends in the future. Exercise, planning, and getting organized are great examples of ways to invest your time. Each of these will make you more productive in the future.
- Live your Life – Your life is ultimately the sum of how you spend your time. Live your life each and every day. Life isn’t about saving time for later. (That doesn’t work…) Use your time each and every day to create your own life.
It’s Your Life, Make Sure You Live It
Complaining about not having enough time is an excuse and a procrastination crutch. Make the most of your time each and every day.
If you want to spend more time with your family, then do it. If you need to spend time working on yourself, then invest the time.
The simple fact is…
Question: Are you living your life each and every day? You can leave a comment by clicking here.