As you get back to work, you are probably going to be overwhelmed by the amount of work you need to catch up on.
It will be tempting to try and get caught up on everything at the same time.
However, the truth is… You can’t do it all at once.
Rather than letting your multi-tasking run amok, make sure you do the right things first.
Try to Do It All at Once
You can’t do everything at once.
Trying to do so is a recipe for ineffectiveness.
When you find yourself immersed in a dozen tasks at once, it’s time to take a step back and concentrate your efforts on the few important tasks.
“Trying to do everything at once, ensures that you do none of it well.” (Tweet this Quote)
It’s better to focus on the few important tasks that you absolutely need to get done.
Give Your Attention to the Important
Avoid being overwhelmed by trying to do too many tasks at the same time.
Give you full attention to the most important items on your todo list.
Here are 5 Ways to Avoid Trying to Do Everything at Once:
- Make a List – Until you see all of your work listed out, you won’t be able to get an accurate assessment of just how much you are trying to accomplish.
- Pick Your Priorities – Order your tasks by priority. It’s always better to get a few important todos done than a bunch of lesser ones.
- Forget Multi-tasking – When you try to do many things at once, you end up not doing any of them very well. You are also likely to end up with many things started and nothing finished.
- Avoid Other People’s Work – While you are doing your work, do other people stop by and ask you to do theirs, too? Be careful about taking on others’ work that you shouldn’t. Once you do, forever will it come your way. (Note: There are individuals that make a career out of passing off their work.)
- Finish to Done – Be purposeful in completing important tasks to done. Almost done doesn’t cut it. In fact, stopping short of “all the way done” just creates more work for you later. Finish that important item before picking up the next.
Do the Important Things
You can’t do it all at once.
Make sure you do the right things first.
Complete the important tasks and give them your full attention.
And don’t worry, the other tasks will still be there when you return to them.
Question: How do you avoid doing everything at once? Are you guilty of multi-tasking too much? You can leave a comment by clicking here.