You probably have more on your todo list today than you will be able to get done.
You may be already preparing yourself for the things you won’t complete.
However, the truth is that you have time to do the things you need to do.
You just need to make the tough choices to do them.
You Do Have the Time
Today, you do have time.
Time to do the things that are most important.
However, you will have to choose between what you need to do and what you want to do.
Saying that you don’t have time isn’t a valid excuse.
“I don’t have time isn’t an excuse, rather it is a choice to do something else.” (Tweet this Quote)
You do have time… but you are choosing to do something else.
Here are some of the choices you may be making:
- You don’t have time to workout… but you have time to get to the office early and talk about your weekend for 2 hours.
- You don’t have time to finish that project on time… but you have time to go on an extended lunch with your co-workers.
- You don’t have time to go to your kid’s special event… but you have time to spend in endless (and often meaningless) meetings.
- You don’t have time to write your book… but you have time to endlessly surf the Internet.
- You don’t have time to go out with your significant other… but you have time to watch TV for hours.
- You don’t have time to start that new business or career… but you have time to go partying all weekend.
What Are You Choosing to Do?
What are you choosing to do, instead of what you should be doing?
It might be an eye-opening exercise to make a two-column list of what you aren’t getting done, and what you are doing instead.
The next time you find yourself stating that you don’t have time to do something, try re-wording your excuse in the form of:
“Instead of doing (this), I am choosing to do (that).”
For example, “Instead of going to the gym, I am choosing to read the morning news for 30 minutes.”
Or, “Instead of finishing that important document, I am choosing to surf Facebook.”
This simple phrase can put your time choices in clear perspective.
It’s Your Time
It’s up to you how you spend your time today.
You can spend it doing the most important things on your list. Or you can fritter it away on meaningless activities and on the job chit-chat.
You don’t get more time later, so choose wisely.
Whatever you decide, just don’t say, “I don’t have time.”
Question: What don’t you have time to do today? And what are you choosing to do instead? You can leave a comment by clicking here.