Planning let’s you know what you will be doing on a particular day.
You review your todo list and the appointments you have on your schedule.
However, are you really ready for your day?
Planning is good, however, preparation is even better.
Getting Ready For Your Day
By planning your day, you know what you need to do.
The next step is to prepare.
Preparation gets you ready to actually do the work.
“Planning leads to awareness. Preparation leads to readiness.” (Tweet this Quote)
Planning is good… knowing what you need to do is a great first step.
Preparation is even better… it readies you to actually do your work.
You could say that planning is level one, and preparation is level two.
Here are some tips to help you with your Preparation:
- Do It the Night Before – Preparation the “day of” can help you get ready in advance. Even better, preparation the night before can help you remedy any shortfalls that may occur. (Ever find yourself scrambling to find clothes? Or looking for a missing item while scrambling to get out the door?)
- When Possible, Do It Well in Advance – The further in advance you prepare, the more time you have to remedy any unforeseen obstacles. Gather materials for that big event several days beforehand.
- Do the (Pre)Work – Preparation is about doing the work in advance. Read the materials. Review the data. Practice the activity. It’s all about being ready.
- Save Time – Some will use the excuse that they don’t have extra time to prepare in advance. Yet, preparing actually saves you time. It reduces errors, prevents re-work, and shortens activities. Properly prepared meetings take much less time to conduct.
- Reduce Your Stress – When you are ready, you are confident. When you are prepared, your stress is reduced because you have less to worry about.
- Make It a Habit – Make preparation part of your lifestyle, not something you do once in a blue moon. Preparation should be part of your daily habits.
Prepare in Advance
Few people plan their day. Fewer still take the time to prepare.
You can plan all you want, but if you don’t prepare, you still won’t be ready.
Invest some time preparing and you’ll be ready to take on the events of your day.Question: What activities do you need to prepare for in advance? Leave your comment for a chance to win a TMN shirt. Each month one lucky commenter will receive a free TMN t-shirt. You can leave a comment by clicking here.