Do you ever find yourself looking back?
To the way things were? To how you used to be?
While you may long for the ways of yesterday, they are just that, yesterday.
After all, the past is in the past.
You must live in the present.
The Past Has Passed
You can’t go back.
Some people think they can.
They live in the past. And they miss the present.
“If you spend all your time looking in the review mirror,
You are bound to miss something that is right in front of you.”
Life is all about living in the now.
The Present Is When Life Happens
Things change. New events occur.
Life is all about forward motion.
If you don’t live in the present, you could miss it.
Here are 6 Reasons You Should Live in the Present, Not The Past:
- The Past Is Past – The past is history. Cherish it, relish it, but don’t live in it. Otherwise, you will be missing out on what is in front of you now. Always live in the present.
- You Can’t Change the Past – You can’t change what has happened, only what has yet to come. Don’t waste your future time trying to re-write the past. Instead, spend your hard work on how to make your future better.
- The Present is Different Than the Past – Don’t fall into the nostalgia trap that things were always better in the past. Things are different now. What worked once up a time, may not be relevant to the way things work today.
- Learn from Yesterday, But Don’t Redo It – You want to learn from your past, and any mistakes you made. But, that doesn’t mean that you have to relive them. Let the past be the past. Don’t let past mistakes continue to cloud your future.
- Live for Today – Today is the only day that counts. It is the day that gets things done. It is the only one that currently matters. What you do today will define who you are and what you can accomplish.
- Build for the Future – Today is all about building a better path to the future. What you do today will determine your future. Your hopes and dreams are yours to make happen.
Life Is About Moving Forward
Don’t let the past dominate your present.
You can’t change it. You can only act in the now.
So, enjoy what today brings.
And of course, dream for tomorrow.
Question: Do you spend too much time looking back, instead of living in the present?