As you head into today, I want you to consider your actions on this very day.
What are you going to do today that matters?
Will it be a day that makes a difference for you?
Or will today be, just another day?
What Are You Doing Today?
We often get so caught up in daily life that we lose sight of what really matters.
Worse, it becomes a repeating cycle where we hurriedly do the same things everyday.
If we are not doing the things that matter most, then it becomes a destructive pattern.
Steve Jobs had a powerful view on this topic.
“If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today?”
Whenever the answer has been “no” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
– Steve Jobs
If this were your last day, how would you approach it differently?
Would you want to do what you are going to do today?
Live For Today
Inevitably, when the phrase “live today as if it were your last” is used, people think about being irresponsible.
However, living each day as if it were your last is not about being reckless.
Rather, it is about living each day as if it matters.
Here are “8 Ways to Live Today As If Were Your Last and Enjoy It…”
- Tell People What You Really Think – Life is too short for lies, half-truths, and beating around the bush. Tell the truth. To others. To loved ones. And especially to yourself.
- Give 100% – Every day counts, and it is up to you to make it so. Don’t give it half of your effort. Always give 100%. Always do your best. And always be proud that you have given it your all.
- Do Something That You Believe In – If you only had one day, would you be doing what you are doing today? Make sure you believe in the activities you do. Does your work matter to you?
- Tell Those That You Care About… That You Care About Them – Don’t miss an opportunity to tell others what they mean to you. Tell your loved ones everyday how much they matter. Tell others that you care about them. And by all means, express your inner feelings to that person that you are too shy to approach.
- Do What’s Important – It is easy to get bogged down in the minutiae of our fast-paced world. Take a minute to stop and ensure that you are not just busy, but that you are doing what is most important.
- Do that Thing You Have Been Meaning To Do – We all have limited time. The catch is that you don’t know how much you have. Don’t delay your passions and dreams. Some people put off things for their entire lives, until it is too late.
- Have a Life – You do have time. Spend it wisely. Go on that date. Spend time with the kids. Get out there and do something!
- Enjoy Today! – It doesn’t matter whether it is raining or it just got off to a bad start. Never give up the chance to enjoy today. A bad day today always beats tomorrow, especially if there is no tomorrow.
Make Today Matter
Live every day as if it were your last.
“Your time is limited; so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
– Steve Jobs
Your day is what you make of it.
Make it count.
And everyday after that.
Question: If today was your last day, would you want to do what you are doing today?