It’s the last week of the year.
It is a great week to spend with friends and family.
(If you are at home… turn this off and go spend time with your loved ones.)
However, for those that are at work this week, it is usually a wasted time period.
Not much gets done this week. Why is this?
If you are at work… let’s get some stuff done!
The Lost Week
Usually the last week of the year is wasted.
There are lots of excuses that people use:
– Businesses are closed.
– People are on vacation.
– Things are shut down.
– I am getting over the holidays.
You’ve got it backwards! These are excellent reasons to get big things done!
Time to Get Stuff Done
Are you going to waste this week?
When others are off, is a great time to get ahead on your work.
If you are working, here are just a few things you can do to get ahead:
- Work While It’s Quiet – It is usually hard to get peace and quiet in the workplace. Take advantage of the quieter environment to boost your productivity.
- No Interruptions – Do your co-workers constantly interrupt you during a normal work week? Take advantage of the minimal staffing this week to get bigger projects done.
- Get Ahead – Sometimes you are so busy dealing with work, that you don’t get work done. This week is a great time to get ahead of the curve. How much less stressful will it be if you start the new year ten steps ahead of everyone else?
- Do Creative Work – Creative work needs long uninterrupted periods of time. This is a perfect week to start that new endeavor or idea.
- Maintenance and Cleanup – Catch up on those maintenance tasks that normally get pushed to the back burner. Whether it is that expense report, filing papers, or cleaning your desk.
An Extra Week
If you are working this week… then work.
This is a secret week. Some might say an extra week.
Work when others are not.
You will be that much further ahead when everyone else returns.