“I’ll do it tomorrow.”
Famous last words of the procrastinator. Slogan of tasks that don’t get done. Motto of underachievers.
The problem is, the last time I looked, tomorrow was still tomorrow.
In fact, tomorrow is always tomorrow.
Tomorrow Never Gets Done
So, when will you get it done? Ever have a task that lingers on your todo list… like forever?
You cannot do things tomorrow…
- Tomorrow doesn’t care about deadlines.
- Tomorrow creates more work.
- Tomorrow doesn’t get things done.
- Tomorrow is not your productivity friend.
Do you have some big goals that don’t seem any closer than New Year’s Day when you wrote them down?
Maybe things like:
- Get in shape
- Learn that new skill to advance your career
- That home improvement project
- Write a book
- Start that hobby
When are you going to do these things?
The bad news is… they will not get done tomorrow.
Things Get Done Today
Today is when things get done. Bit by bit. Inch by inch.
Progress happens today…
- Today gets things done.
- Today is when you can make a difference in your life or in that of someone else.
- Today is when you can spend time on things that are important… to you.
- Today is when you can make progress towards your goals.
- Today is powerful.
Try Today Instead of Tomorrow
I want you to do something today. Do something that you have been putting off…
“I’ll workout today.” “I’ll start that project today.” “I’ll do that today.”
So, next time you think, “I’ll do it tomorrow.” Try substituting today.
That one word makes all the difference.
What are you going to do today? What have you been putting off until tomorrow?