Today, you will do what you always do.
The same activities. The same job. And at the same level of effort.
OR… you could push things.
You could push yourself to do more.
A Life Too Comfortable
We tend to live in our comfort zones.
Most people rarely, if ever, venture outside of theirs.
For most, it’s about going through the motions.
It is a life of routine, slackness, and minimal effort.
Yet, to reach new heights you have to push yourself.
You have to do the work. And you have to test your limits.
“If you don’t push yourself, how do you know how far you can go?”
When was the last time you truly exerted yourself?
(Of course, I am not referring to putting yourself in harm’s way physically or health-wise.)
I am talking about pushing yourself.
Physically. Mentally. Maybe, even emotionally.
When did you last test your limits?
Here are 8 Reasons To Push Yourself Today:
- To Leave Your Comfort Zone – Leave your comfort zone. Go outside of it and see the rest of the world. If you always do the same things, you will always get the same results.
- You Are Stronger Than You Think – We all have inner strength. Yet, most people never tap that strength. They get conditioned to not exert themselves and live meekly, instead of boldly. You are stronger than you think, make sure you use that strength.
- To Learn New Things – The only way to acquire new skills is to try. You may fail the first several times. But, that is how you learn, grow, and ultimately succeed at new endeavors.
- To Get in Shape – A body at rest stays at rest. (Yes, this applies to physical fitness as well as physics.) Get your body moving, even if it only means taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Take those first steps to getting in shape.
- To Do a Little More – Push yourself to do more than you did yesterday. Even 5 minutes more of an activity or job can add up over time. What could you do a little more of today?
- To Know Yourself – When you push yourself, you get to know yourself. In the end, we are only competing against ourselves. It is through exertion and pushing yourself that you will come to know your own limits, beliefs, and strengths.
- To Build Momentum – As a body at rest stays at rest, a body in motion stays in motion. Building momentum in one area, will help you accomplish more in all areas of your life.
- To Test Your Limits – Until you push yourself, how will you know how far you can go? It is only by testing your limits that you can determine where they truly are. Of course, next time, you can try to exceed those limits.
Push Your Limits
Push yourself today.
See what you can accomplish beyond what you normally do.
What could you accomplish if you pushed yourself today?
(And of course, tomorrow and so on…)Question: How will you push your limits today? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
13 thoughts on “8 Reasons to Push Yourself Today”
Thanks for the push! I am going to push myself this week to achieve success!
I really need to become able to better push myself. At every twist and turn of life I seem to find myself giving in a little bit early. Thanks for the extra little bit of motivation!
The part about momentum particularly speaks to me. It is so true that once you force yourself out of your comfort zone it becomes just a little easier to do it again. Before you know it- you’re addicted…and it’s awesome.
i need to push myself to speak up more and try and not to be over shy !!!!
I love to push myself all the time. I know that I can always improve on how I live my life. Pushing myself is not the problem. However keeping the momentum to carry it out for more than a month, that is my down fall. My problem is keeping gas in the tank in order to keep going for more than a month. Any suggestions?
Recently I was extremely low on cash and debts were eating me from all sides! That was UNTIL I decided to make money on the internet. I went to surveymoneymaker dot net, and started filling in surveys for cash, and surely I’ve been far more able to pay my bills!! I’m so glad, I did this!!! With all the financial stress these years, I really hope all of you will give it a chance. – 5ne5
By adding four kg of weight to my weight lifting session!
Comments are closed.