How fast is your life going?
Many individuals feel that they are going too slow.
Some people think life is passing them by at an alarming rate.
Others still are just cruising through life, unaware of their speed or destination.
Sometimes, we need to take a moment and check just which gear our life is in.
What Speed Are You Going?
Going too slow. Going too fast.
We all go through periods of both. In fact, life is all about balance.
However, you need to be aware of just how fast you are going. You need to know which gear your life is in.
I can hear some excuses already,
“But, I drive an automatic… I don’t even know how many gears I have.”
That could be part of the issue, your life is in automatic-mode.
What Gear Are You In?
As you drive down the road of life, stop and ask yourself just which gear you are in.
You may be surprised by the answer.
So, check your gear…
- Reverse - Are you actually going backwards? Is each day actually taking you further from your goals? Are bad habits or behavior affecting you negatively? If you are not careful, you will backup until you crash into something.
- 1st Gear – You can’t finish if you don’t start. Can you get up to speed? Let your passion and drive create momentum in your life.
- 2nd Gear – Are you holding back? Are you timid? Not sure of what you want to do? Make bold decisions in your life. And by all means, choose your own path.
- 3rd Gear – You are moving, but are you keeping up? Are others passing you by? You can do more than the effort you are giving. You are stronger than you think.
- 4th Gear- You are keeping up with life’s pace. Is the cruise control on? Are you coasting? Ensure that you are not “drifting” through life.
- 5th Gear – No one can run at full speed all the time. There are two extremes that fall here. Those who are always in it, and those who never use it. The first group eventually burns out. Running at full capacity all the time leads to burn out. If you don’t pit stop on your own, life has a way of forcing you to take a break. And the second group? Well, they never reach their full potential because they never truly give it their all.
Shift Your Life
Maybe you need to speed up. (There is only one today.)
Maybe you need to slow down. (Otherwise, you will burn out.)
Perhaps, you are even headed backwards.
Check your gear today. And get your life moving.
Question: What gear is your life in? Do you need to adjust?