You may have told yourself that you don’t have time to workout today.
It may be a hectic one, or perhaps, it is way too over-scheduled.
However, I have news for you…
You do have time to work out.
It’s up to you, because it is always a choice.
Not Enough Time or Not Enough Will?
“I want to get into shape, but I don’t have time to workout.”
This is one of the top time management lies that we tell ourselves.
The truth is that you do have time.
What you are really saying is 1 of 2 things:
1- You don’t have the willpower to do it.
2- You are putting something else before your exercise.
“You can tell yourself that you don’t have time to workout…
But, what you are really saying is that something else is more important than your health.“
What are you telling yourself?
Finding the Time to Workout
Even in our busy society, you can find time to exercise.
You may have to get creative or sacrifice something else.
But, you can fit that workout into your day.
Here are 10 Reasons Why You DO Have Time To Workout:
- You May Have to Get Up Early – Many people tell themselves that they don’t have time in their day, yet they have the same amount of time as everyone else. You may have to use that time differently. It may require you to get up early to fit in your workout. You can be an early bird.
- First Thing in the Morning – The best time to workout is first thing in the morning. It gets your day moving. (Literally!) When you do your most important things first, it empowers you all day long. You will feel great starting your workday knowing that you have already done your workout.
- It Doesn’t Have to Be a Long Workout – Some use the excuse that working out takes too long. However, consistency is more important that duration when you are starting out. Short intense workouts are better than long effortless ones. Make sure you aren’t just going through the motions or you will just be wasting your time.
- Have a Workout Partner – Working out with a friend or workout buddy can be a great motivation factor. You are more likely to make it to the gym if you know that someone else is there waiting for you. You won’t just be letting yourself down, but your partner, as well.
- Time Shift Your Workout – If you want to save time hitting the gym, then don’t go during peak times. Just like avoiding rush hour, if you time shift your workout, you can save considerable time.
- Go the Extreme – There is not one right time to go to the gym. You may have to go the extreme depending on your schedule or obligations. When I was on shift-work, I used to workout at 3AM at a 24-hour gym. Do what you need to do depending on your circumstances.
- Don’t Overdo It – Many people simply try to overdo it with their workouts. Limit your early efforts or your will burn out or injure yourself. Start small and build to greater achievements.
- Working Out Increases Your Productivity – Often, I hear the people use the excuse that if they workout, then they will be too tired for their day. Well, you may be hurting for a time, especially if you have not been exercising for a while. However, you will pass the point that your workouts actually energize and improve everything else in your day.
- You Don’t Have to Go to the Gym – There is definitely some value, motivation, and benefit to actually going to a gym. However, if your time or resources are limited, why not workout at home? Or simply go outside for a run or walk? Sometimes the simplest answer is best (and quickest.)
- Just Do It, Even When You Don’t Want To – The most important way to ensure you have time to workout, is to do it even when you don’t want to. Those are the days that you need to prove your willpower. You are stronger than you think. Push yourself, especially when you don’t feel like it.
Make the Effort
You do have the time to workout.
Like everything else, you have to decide that it is a priority.
The rewards are tremendous.
Better health. Increased productivity. More self-confidence.
You have to ask, “How badly do you want it?”
Question: How do make time to workout during your busy day?
51 thoughts on “10 Reasons Why You DO Have Time To Workout”
RT @TMNinja: Did you exercise this morning? Read: “10 Reasons Why You DO Have Time To Workout” http://t.co/Hg9T2NkW
This helps a lot. I’m lazy at working out but now I’ll schedule this to be the first thing after waking up. Your advice on productivity is very good. One thing that I would like to ask though .. My sleeping routine is very bad. How can I optimize my sleep and working timings?
@Usmank11 For me… it is about going to bed earlier. Especially if I have overdone it recently.
The earlier I head to bed, the earlier I can get up and be back at it. 🙂
I’ve found the key to working out consistently is to find some sort of exercise that you actually enjoy. Once you do that, then it’s never a struggle to find the time. The other thing is that when you exercise consistently it makes you much more efficient in every other area of your life.
@skooloflife Thx, Srini!
BTW, are you headed to BlogWorld? Hope to see you there.
This one hits too close to home. I am genuinely at a place righy now that is not sustainable, trying to get too much done in a day. Despite my most creative efforts, I can’t seem to find consistency without cutting into other, as Covey calls them, “Big Rocks.” Open to creative ways others have managed it.
@blankschaenbill This is a common occurrence. We just keep taking things on until we don’t realize how much we are carrying.
Here is a good post:
Hmmm. Helpful. Some wsidom to apply on some of that but I suspect more systemic decisions need to be made in my situation. Off to connect with the life coach 🙂
I always find excuses when it’s time to work out. I love running, but when it’s time to run, I’m blaming the weather… it’s too cold or too wet or whatever. And I don’t have the time. I have tried to get up early in the morning, but then I’m just too tired, my body doesn’t feel like working out :)On the other hand, I have a plan. I’m starting my own business on 1 April, and then I’ll start working out… I’m done with the excuses. What works for me, usually, is to have a plan, like a to-do list and add workout to the list.
@Jens No excuses… just decisions. It’s up to you. 🙂
Best wishes on the business, too.
Yep … it’s excuses 🙂 Even when I have a full-time job, I blog and I spend time with my family, I’m still training for marathons and triathlons.
I favor early morning hours of going to gym/swimming hall/cycling before hitting the office.
But … if you want to work out without leaving home and still want to be super-fit, I recommend kettle bells. Obviously you want to learn the moves the right way first (by hiring a personal trainer for example), but after that you can do it at home (so no gym membership needed).
It is the most “productive” sport I know and I’m switching from traditional gym training to kettle bells only. Even the workouts are much more effective than typical gym training and besides – you are not tied to a certain location.
@ProductiveSd Same here… I like to get my workout in before my workday. 😉
Got it in today. 80 degreees in Cleveland means a little outdoor basketball. Tomoorrow — back in the gym?
@BillintheBlank Awesome! I prefer the gym… first thing in the morning. 🙂
@create_discover yeah I know I’m my own worst enemy 🙁
@westernsteer Get the free ticket to Disney now! Go and enjoy with your family: @_Free_Disney
@choreohealth Thx, Dr. Russell! 🙂 Best wishes out there in CA!
@TMNinja Really glad to have found your resources. Need to do some serious ninja slicing and dicing. 🙂
@MrMartijn y u no want ipad? @ipad_dep
@TMNinja “Not enough time or not enough will?” Love it!
@TMNinja Thanks for the 10 Reasons…Workout post. Very inspirational when I’m feelin’ the time crunch 😉
@TMNinja THX Needed that
I HAVE to work out… im in online pe…. it stinks. im ok with working out a little… but online pe is 5 days a week and two have to be strenght training… im just a ruddy kid why me????
Nice, I will start now.
What do you tell people if they have two kids and an 8 hour job…? I’m not that person but that came up once when I told someone they have time to workout.
Thanks for sharing the article such a nice and amazing article with nice content and images. Eagerly waiting for more article.
Comments are closed.