Do you wait until deadlines are upon you before taking action?
If you’re like most, you probably wait until time is running out before starting those important tasks.
Yet, staying ahead of deadlines is a powerful productivity tactic that will make you more productive while reducing stress at the same time.
Today’s post is all about why you should never wait until the last-minute on your deadlines.
Deadlines or Guidelines?
It is interesting how numb most individuals (and companies) have become to deadlines.
Deadlines become extended deadlines. Final warnings become final final warnings. In general, things are not being accomplished, and to add insult to injury, the question is then pondered, “Why are my peers and competitors out-pacing me?”
It seems that “deadlines have become guidelines” rather than something to be taken seriously.
Yet, the answer is simple. Work needs to be done, and tasks completed on time. When deadlines are ignored, self-inflictied stress and additional work is created.
“Don’t wait until the last-minute, always finish ahead of deadlines.”
If you take your deadlines seriously, you will abide by the due dates promised. There are many benefits to this common sense approach. Not only will you get more done, but you will do so with less effort.
Here are 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Wait Until Deadlines:
- Reduce Stress – Deadlines looming over you cause stress. If you have ever sat in bed worrying about something that you haven’t completed, you know exactly that this is about. You create your own stress when you don’t meet deadlines.
- Deal with the Unexpected – Life has a way of throwing the unexpected at you, usually right before a deadline. If you wait until a due date is upon you, then you won’t have time to react when life throws a curveball. And while it is easy to use these “happenings” as an excuse, you won’t be in the situation if you finish ahead of time.
- It Feels Good to be Ahead – If being under a deadline is stressful, then being ahead of one… feels great. And it truly does. When you are ahead of schedule and ahead of due dates, you can enjoy your work more.
- Allows Time for Improvement – If you have ever rushed to finish a deliverable you know that you aren’t producing your best work. You may even still be working on it when you turn it in. However, if you finish ahead of a deadline, you will have time to revisit your work for improvements and corrections.
- Prevents Missed Opportunities – If you miss a deadline, you sometimes don’t get a second chance. Opportunities will pass you by and you won’t be able to take advantage of them.
- Avoids Penalties – Many deadlines have a penalty associated with them. It could be a late fee, or extra work required. Don’t impose these penalties upon yourself.
- Your Reputation – Everyone has a “time management reputation.” What does yours say about you? Are you the one that can be counted on to finish on time, or are you the person that everyone knows will be late in delivering?
- Frees Up Your Time and Mind – When you cross something off your list, you can also stop thinking about how you are going to complete it. Finishing ahead of deadlines frees up your mind and time to work on other things instead of endlessly worrying about that one late task.
- Allows You To Help Others – You should always do your own work before volunteering to helping another .(Otherwise, you are really making both of you unsuccessful…) When you finish early, you can then help others in need of assistance or guidance.
- Motivates You – Finishing early feels great. Let your positive momentum motivate you in other endeavors and areas of your life.
Taking Deadlines Seriously
Take your deadlines seriously, and ensure they are more than just guidelines in your daily work.
Staying ahead frees you up in many ways. Mentally, you will have less stress, and more brainpower at your disposal. Time-wise you will have more time to concentrate on your important tasks instead of working on a fire drill that you created.
Take a look at your to-do list and identify which deadline you need to get ahead of today.Question: Do you finish ahead of your deadlines? What would you need to change in order to meet your due dates? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
18 thoughts on “10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Wait Until Deadlines”
I’m visiting the Knock Knock site now!!!
Information from https://edit-proofread.com/blog/how-to-use-quotation-marks will be useful for college students. Here you can read more about quotation marks
Great time management tips and tricks, gonna stick to as many as I can
Thanks! I’ll try to follow this recommendations in the future! These management tips are useful indeed!
If you don’t know about how to hack twitter account then you just visit here.
Thank you very much for giving this awesome post, it is a great way to fully enjoy it.
run 3 cool math
Thanks for the great tips, I will follow them immediately! Time management is always my problem, but your article seems like a solution for me.
In fact no matter if someone doesn’t understand then its up to other users
that they will assist, so here it happens.
Accident can happen at any time. So, we should complete the task before deadline. If the deadline is 24 hours then I always cover it within 12 hours.
Deadline stress was a big problem of mine. To fix this, I had to reconsider the way I do my scheduling and become more realistic about the amount of time needed for completing my tasks.
Hi, maybe i’m being a bit off topic here, but I was browsing your site and it looks inviting. I’m building a blog and trying to make it look neat, but everytime I touch it I mess something up. Did you design the blog yourself? Could someone with little experience do it, and add updates without messing it up? Anyways, good information on here, very informative.
subway surfers creator
Hi there, everything is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s really excellent, keep up writing.
Yess! Thanks for this great output.
Thanks for your works. Keep it up
You will be cramming when the deadline is near.
Thanks for the useful info! I agree that waiting till the deadline is not the best idea, because then you will feel stressed, and may not have time for all the tasks. Sometimes when I have lack of time for doing homework, I use http://essaypapers.reviews/ because it’s the only way to finish everything on time
Comments are closed.