We live in a FOMO world.
Everyone is afraid of “missing out” or being “left out.” We have too many choices and more options than every before.
This can lead to decision paralysis. After all, why make a choice now, if a better option may become available tomorrow.
Are you spending more time pondering decisions, than actually acting on them?
Wasting Time in Indecision
It’s easy to put off decisions.
You tell yourself that now isn’t the right time. Or you blame your indecision on the fact that more choices may be available later.
In most choices, you are only accountable to yourself. And it’s simple to let yourself off the hook.
Does this sound familiar? Are you giving yourself a pass to “not make decisions?”
The problem with indecision is that it doesn’t accomplish anything. It may avoid some accountability at the immediate moment, but you are simply putting off the choice. (Or in some cases, giving it up entirely.)
Some people waste a good portion of their lives in indecision.
By putting off a decision, you are actually making a choice not to act.
You need to make decisions instead of putting them off.
You need to be decisive about your choices.
And you need to stop wasting time and start making choices every single day.
Here are 5 Tips to Help You Stop Wasting Time Making Decisions:
- Make YOUR Choice – Choice is the thing in life that we all have, yet few exercise. It is the greatest gift and most precious right. Yet, if you don’t make choices, then Life will make them for you.
- Don’t Wait for a Perfect Time (or Choice) – As I have said many times, there is no perfect time, there is just time. Don’t wait for the perfect time, it won’t ever come. As well, there is never a perfect choice. If you wait forever hoping for a perfect option, you will often find that you missed out on your choice entirely.
- Most Choices Aren’t that Important – Too often, people think that every decision is life-altering. So, they put off making choices based on fear or the thought that they might make a “bad decision.” You might make a bad choice. But, the truth is that most decisions just aren’t that important in the big picture. Don’t stress about things that you won’t even remember in a year or even month from now.
- Flip a Coin – Ok, this tip sounds, well, a bit flippant. But, most decisions would be better off with a coin toss than no decision at all. Ever spend time driving around trying to decide where to eat. Just flip a coin already. 🙂
- Make a choice and Enjoy It – Have you ever made a choice, and then found yourself second-guessing it before you have even finished carrying it out? You don’t even give yourself the opportunity to experience your decision, because you are too busy thinking about other choices. When you make a choice… go with it… and more importantly, enjoy it!
Stop Wasting Time and Start Making Decisions
We live in a world that gives us the privilege to make our own choices. But are you treating that privilege as a burden?
What decisions are you putting off?
Stop wasting time procrastinating on your decisions, and instead, start making them today.
Question: Are you guilty of putting off decisions that you should be making? You can leave a comment by clicking here.