Today is going to be a balancing act.
You will try to keep all the events in your daily life in check.
Yet, it feels like you could topple over at any moment.
Will you be able to keep your life in balance today?
Living Off Balance
When things are off-balance, things feel out of control.
You feel like a juggler trying not to drop anything.
You don’t know which of your obligations could bring the whole day crashing down.
It’s not a fun feeling.
“Keeping life in balance is key to getting your work done without the stress of things toppling over.” (Tweet this Quote)
Does your daily life feel like it could topple over at any moment?
Balance Is the Key
We all have the same amount of time in our day.
And each of us has a limit to how much we can carry in our daily lives.
The keys are to keep things in check, know what you are carrying, and of course, keep things balanced.
Here are 5 Secrets to Keeping Your Daily Life In Balance:
- Defend Your Time – You don’t let people steal your money, but you let them take your time all day long. Sometimes you will need to put yourself first. Know when to say “No.” Defend your time with vigor because you don’t get more time later.
- Set Your Boundaries – To keep things in balance you need to have boundaries. Where does work end and life begin? Make sure you establish clear expectations as to where your boundaries are set.
- Make Timely Decisions – When you don’t make decisions, life backs up. Stress builds up. Make choices and move forward. A good decision now, always beats a perfect decision later.
- Protect Yourself from Overload – You can only carry so much. Without being kept in check, your obligation load will slowly grow until you don’t have enough time in your day. Make an obligation list and take inventory of your commitments. Only then will you know the true load you are carrying.
- Know Your Priorities – Decisions are easier when you know your priorities. When you have to pick between two things you should know which one takes precedence. You know which obligation to put first, and which task to drop in favor of something else.
Life is a Balancing Act
Make sure you preserve balance in your daily life.
When things are feeling off-center, it is time to stop and examine the load you are carrying.
Keeping things in balance feels good.
Maintain your balance and you won’t need to worry about things toppling over.Question: What is your best tip to keep your daily life in balance? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
13 thoughts on “5 Secrets of Keeping Your Daily Life in Balance”
I especially like one of your secrets – defend your time.
I believe fitness is not an interest, it’s a lifestyle. Fit exercise into your daily routine and feel more invigorated all day.
“You don’t let people steal your money, but you let them take your time all day long.” Never thought of it that way – it’s so true!
Lisa, a great source for this concept is Elizabeth Grace Saunders of “Real Life E.” Her book, The 3 Secrets to Effective Time Investment,” treats this topic well and I recommend it.
Thanks Paula! I’ll have to check it out sometime!
This is really awesome Tips..
Thanks for sharing this, I’ve also read an article and found this another tip to keep daily life in balance. “Find time for yourself and manage your time better.” Maybe you can pick up a hobby, or start reading novels or just have a daily workout routine. You must find it enjoyable and takes your mind off work.
If we don’t have balance, our life is very much like a car which is never serviced, and leads to breakdown eventually. We feel pulled in all directions, it can feel ike everybody gets a say in what you do apart from you. Things start getting less effective and eventually things go very wrong.
this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=startover.davydo.com.startover
I love the comparison of time to money – it’s easy to give away 5 minutes but, not so easy to give away $5. time has value and should be treated as such.
To keep life in balance we should not think about others,
Just what always prevents me from keeping my life off balanced. We may have to be rude or cruel to ignore the others in order to keep our lives on the perfect track that we had planned. But sometimes shits happen and we want to be good guys, we want to help people out, and our lives start leaving the track. That is what always happen to me, an infinite loop till i die: I feel my life off balanced, i plan a perfect daily routine for me (what to eat, how to get the right ingredients to eat and what if there is nothing healthy enough to eat; a 30 minutes hell training to keep myself strong enough to keep the bad guys out if my way; times to study, to relax, everything) then someday shits happen and i break my routine, i feel lazy and i drop the routine, then my life goes off balanced and i feel bad of myself then i start building the whole routine again as life advances and my living environment changes. One day my life is off balanced and I enter this site hoping to find a solution and i an here commenting. There must be a WAY!
Comments are closed.