We all have the same amount in the day.
And despite your best efforts, you cannot get any more.
What are you doing with yours?
Do you waste it on meaningless pursuits? Or do you invest it on your future?
Wasting Your Time or Investing It?
Do you spend your time on activities that feel good in the moment, but have no true value?
Watching TV, eating junk food, endlessly surfing the internet, complaining or gossiping.
None of these things have a positive return. In fact, you could argue that each of them is a poor investment of your limited time.
Instead of wasting your valuable time… invest it.
Put it to use on actions that will pay you back in the future.
Invest it on things that will bring you true return.
Invest it on things that improve you.
Invest it in your future happiness and success.
Here are 7 Ways You Should Invest Your Time:
- Planning – Spending time planning for your day or week can save you time and effort during the course of your activities. A few minutes now, can literally save hours later.
- Preparing – Beyond planning is actually preparing for your day. Instead of just being aware that you have a meeting or appointment, be prepared ahead of time. Review the pertinent information, prepare the agenda, and be ready to hit the ground running.
- Practicing – You get better at what you practice. Whether it is sports or the trade craft of your job, the more you practice, the better you get. Steve Jobs was known to spend weeks preparing for his keynote speeches. How much time do you invest in your endeavours?
- Skills – Investing in you is always a good use of your time. What new skills do you need to learn? Being a life-long learning is key to future success. Always be investing time in new skills and capabilities.
- Health – Too often, exercise and healthy habits get put on the back burner when you are busy. Make sure that you are maintaining your body and health. After all, your health impacts your abilities in all areas of life.
- Relationships – Despite the old cliché about “quality time,” relationships are all about “quantity time.” (Hat tip to Brian Tracy.) It’s the amount of time that you invest that determines the relationship.
- Career – Too many people wait for their job to hand them a promotion or next opportunity. Instead, go out and make it happen. No one is going to simply give you that new job, you have to go out and get it.
Time Makes a Good Investment
You can frivolously spend your time or you can invest it on things that improve your life.
Not everything in life brings the same amount of return.
It’s your choice. Invest your time wisely.
Question: What do you need to invest your time in?
8 thoughts on “7 Ways That Everyone Should Invest Their Time”
I love this shift in thinking! Like money, time is a commodity. I curated your last 4 and offered the action item of tracking how you use your time so you can be realistic about where it’s really going. Tracking time is essential in getting the results you really want – on purpose: http://time-management-training.blogspot.com/2013/04/invest-your-time-or-spend-your-time-you.html
Nowadays, most of the couples are facing time management issues in their personal life. I think that everyone should invest and spend their time with the family members. By carefully managing our time, will be able to more easily navigate all the tasks and more quickly achieve our goals.
Personally, I have been using time recording software from Replicon ( http://www.replicon.com/olp/online-time-recording-software.aspx ). I would suggest this software can help us to organize and schedule the tasks based on our priorities. I’ve used it and I’m satisfied with its performance.
Comments are closed.