Losing doesn’t mean that you are a failure.
It may mean that you are not getting the results that you want.
Or that you need to get back up and try again.
If you’re not winning, it’s time to change your game.
Are You Losing?
Even the most successful people in the world weren’t always winning.
They played the game until they got better and better at what they do.
If you’re not getting the results you desire, then it’s time to look at your actions.
As the saying goes,
“If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.”
If you want different results, you have to alter your behavior.
If you’re losing at the game of life, you need to change your game.
Don’t blame your situation on others. (If so, you need to watch this 46-second video.)
It’s all on you.
So, is it time to change your game?
Change Your Game
If you want to change your score in life, you need to change the way you are playing the game.
Here are 9 Ways to Change Your Game:
- Change Your Attitude – Nothing can alter your circumstances quicker than a positive attitude. Even the worst of situations can be turned around with the right attitude. Are you bringing your positive attitude?
- Change Your Attire – You many need to change your appearance. Dress for the job you want to attain. Dressing it up can improve your confidence, as well. If you want to be taken as a professional, make sure you dress like one.
- Change Your Job – Sometimes you may need to change your job. It may be a bad opportunity. It may not be a cultural fit for you. Whatever the reason, make the decision and move on when you must.
- Change Your Time – Try shifting your work schedule. Many people find that working earlier in the day provides a boost to their productivity. What would happen if you arrived at work a half-an-hour earlier each day?
- Change Your Habits – Your habits define who you are. If you are on a negative path, you may need to change what you do every day. Replace negative habits with positive ones.
- Change Your Relationships – You are who you hang out with. This is true whether you like it or not. What crowd are you hanging with? It can be hard to change friendships, but it is sometimes necessary.
- Change Your Perspective – Put yourself in the shoes of someone else. How does your boss (or significant other) truly see you? If you are in charge of others, try doing their job for a day. It may change your views.
- Change Your Hobbies – It may be fun to stay up until 3AM watching TV or playing the latest online video game. However, those activities are probably not taking you where you want to go.
- Change Your Skills – What have you learned lately? Taking a class to learn a new skill or finishing your degree may be the game changer you need.
Change the Rules, Change the Results
If things aren’t going your way, don’t blame circumstances, other people, or life.
To change your results, change your game.
And if you want to change your score, you may need to change the rules.
Either way, make sure you own your own game of life.
Question: What do you need to change in your game?