How do you make lightning strike?
How do you succeed where others have failed before you?
How do you make magic happen when others are giving up?
I believe that you can make lightning strike in your life and career.
21 Ways to Make Lightning Strike
- Be there early. There is a reason the early bird gets the worm.
- Make your own success. No one is going to give it to you.
- Always learn something new. When you stop learning, you stop growing.
- Do something differently. What got your here, won’t get you there.
- Get uncomfortable. Success is located outside your comfort zone.
- Do something for someone else. Relationships lead to new opportunities.
- Blaze your own trail. Common paths lead to common results.
- Don’t quit. It’s those who stay long after others give up, that win.
- Don’t stop before the finish line. Many people stop within sight of success.
- Keep calm. When others panic, remember that there are very few true emergencies in life.
- Don’t do what others have done. Despite the cliché, it hasn’t all been done before.
- Do what others have done. But, do it better than anyone who has proceeded you.
- Don’t get even with those who have wronged you. Rather “get even” with those that have helped you.
- Try again. And then again. No one gets it right the first time. (See #8)
- Make your own luck. The harder you work, the luckier you get.
- Get back up. Always get up more times than you fall down.
- Make decisions. If you don’t, life will make the choices for you.
- Enjoy yourself. You never get there, it’s all about the journey along the way.
- Go through walls. As Randy Pausch said, “The brick walls are there to show how badly you want something.”
- Don’t abide by the rules. Before breaking a rule, ask why it is there in the first place.
- Just do it now. Action today, always beats intent for tomorrow.
So, what are you going to do today to make lightning strike?