It’s a new week.
However, is your life repeating itself?
Are you doing the same things that you did last week?
Performing the same actions and giving the minimum to get by.
After all, you have done all this before.
Same Actions, Same Results
If you are just going through the motions, you are wasting your time.
Same actions. Different day. Repeat. Repeat.
Same low effort. Same low results.
You could probably do it in your sleep. (Many people in the workplace appear to do this.)
If you do the same things every day, then your life is going to be boring by definition.
After all, you do the same things.
Eat the same foods. Go to the same places. Talk to the same people.
And you wonder why your life is boring? Average, even?
Change Your Routine
If you don’t want the same repetitive routine, then it’s on you to change things up.
After all, doing the same things each day and expecting different results is… well, just stupid. (Sorry, but it is.)
Here are 7 Ways to “Not Go Through the Motions Today…”
- Change It Up – Sometimes even small changes to your routine can produce big results. Get up 30 minutes early. Stay 30 minutes late. Do things out-of-order for once.
- Always Give It Your All – Going through the motions produces average results because you aren’t doing your best work. Never compromise yourself. Always do things right the first time and with class.
- Do Something New – If you want different results, you have to do different things. Today, do something new. Something you wouldn’t have normally done. When presented with two choices, choose the one that is new to you.
- Stretch Your Limits – Going through the motions means that you aren’t pushing yourself. You are stronger than you even know, but until you test yourself, you will not know your true capabilities.
- Talk to Someone… Else – If you always talk to the same people, you are always going to have the same conversations. Who is the person that you always see at work, but never talk to? Engage them today. They might just be someone who you want to know, either personally or professionally.
- Learn Something – If you don’t want to always be doing the same things, you have to learn new skills. Learn something new every single day.
- Choose Your Own Path – We often forget that we have a choice in our path. Rather than just repeating the course where everyone else has gone before us, blaze your own path.
Don’t Settle for the Same Old
Ensure that you aren’t just going through the motions today.
We all have limited time in our days and lives.
Don’t settle for the same old same old.
Shake things up.
Choose to do something new.
And always give it your best.
Question: Are you doing the same thing this week that you did last week?