What did you set out to accomplish this year?
I ask today, because the year is now half over.
Are your annual goals half done?
Are you halfway to where you wanted to be this year?
It’s Halftime… in the Year.
This year is half over. (Hard to believe, but true.)
Are you half done? I mean, are your goals half done.
We think that we will catch up on our goals tomorrow.
However, goals are not something can be “crammed” at the last-minute.
You have to work on them each and every day… so start today!
Exams, reports, and business presentations can be “crammed.”
But, your goals require daily dedication and effort.
Have you been putting in the necessary work?
If not, what do you need to do in the second half?
Get Back in the Game
The middle of the year is a good time to look at your progress towards your goals.
If you are not where you want to be…
Here are some things you can do to get back in the game:
- Re-evaluate Your Goals – Just because you set goals, doesn’t mean you can’t change them. Examine the goals you set, do they still align with your current circumstances and desires? Adjust them as needed. Life changes, so should your goals.
- Write Them Down – Always write your goals down. If you already have, this is a good time to do it again. Or if you haven’t, do it today. The act of writing them down will help you clarify what you truly want to accomplish.
- Step On It– If you are not where you wanted to be at this point, then you need to “step on it.” As in, step on the gas. You probably aren’t giving it all your effort. We are all stronger than we think. Make sure you are stretching yourself and testing your limits.
- Get Support – A little 3rd party accountability goes a long way. Get someone you trust to hold you to your goals. Or perhaps you need more than accountability. Seek help and aid when you need it. Success is not usually a solo sport.
- Identify Obstacles – If you are not where you want to be, what is stopping you? Identifying your obstacles is the first step in overcoming them. Do you have too many obligations? Are you scared to start? Or perhaps, you even have the wrong goals. (See #1)
- Start Today – The best day to have started your goals was yesterday. The second best is today. There is no need to wait until some artificial date to start your goals. Remember, you can’t finish if you don’t start.
Own the Second Half
Halftime is over.
It’s time to get back in the game.
Give it your all in the second half of the year.
Question: What do you need to do in the second half of the year?