Just like your productivity is contagious, so is your attitude.
Are you a source of positive energy to those around you?
Or are you a downer…? Bringing all those around you down to your level of unenthusiasm?
A positive attitude can be many things.
What does a positive attitude mean to you?
Positive Attitude: Do You Have One?
I used to work with a manager who always had a positive attitude.
He had a trademark answer to the passing question, “How are you?”
No matter what was going on that day, he would enthusiastically reply, “Excellent! How are you?”
It was always sincere, never fake. No matter the circumstances, he chose to be excellent.
“You don’t know the power of a positive attitude…
Until you have seen it change a bad situation to a good one through a simple kind act…
Or even a smile.”
You too can choose to have a positive attitude.
In fact, having a positive attitude is easier than you think.
It can mean many things…
21 Ways to Define a Positive Attitude
- It is looking adversity in the eye… and laughing.
- Getting what you get, and not pitching a fit.
- Enjoying the unexpected, even when it’s not what you wanted originally.
- Motivating those around you with a positive word.
- Using the power of a smile to reverse the tone of a situation.
- Being friendly to those you don’t know.
- It’s getting back up when you fall down. (No matter how many times you fall down.)
- Being a source of energy that lifts those around you.
- Understanding that relationships are more important than material things.
- Being happy even when you have little.
- Having a good time even when you are losing.
- Being happy for someone else’s success.
- Having a positive future vision, no matter how bad your current circumstances.
- Paying a compliment, even to a total stranger.
- Tell someone you know that they did a great job. (And mean it.)
- Making someone’s day. (Not just a child’s… adult’s like to have their day be special, too!)
- It’s not complaining no matter how unfair things appear to be. (It is a waste of time… instead do something!)
- Not letting other people’s negativity bring you down.
- Giving more than you expect to get in return.
- Being true to yourself… always.
The Power of Positivity
Your attitude determines most of what you experience each day.
Yet, it is something that is easy to neglect.
Be someone who others want to be with, because you lift their energy, attitude, and spirit.
Be someone who you would want to be around.
Choose to have a positive attitude.
Today, choose to be excellent!
Question: What does a positive attitude mean to you?